Monday, March 28, 2011

Design Inspiration from Charleston, SC

During my recent spring break, I took a trip to Charleston, SC with my cousin. While visiting, I found inspiration from multiple sources and fell even deeper in love with Interior Design. Walking along King Street and visiting the many boutiques was fun and also gave me an idea as to what different types of design boutiques can offer. I really loved how Urban Outfitters combined the ornate details with the utilitarian look of exposed pipes. I even found myself critiquing decor in restaurants such as Husk and our hotel in North Charleston, Aloft. I am now able to tell when good design is in use. Charleston is full of design inspiration. I can't even begin to name where I became the most inspired. Even the Visitor's Center (which we frequented!) was lovely. I loved the wide plank hardwood floors and the exterior of the side of the building. The architecture of the numerous churches was exquisite. Most of the buildings in Charleston have an old-world feel and the architectural trims are something you never see in buildings today. I love the style of architecture used in the houses. It is unique to Charleston and has a distinctive and beautiful look.  I am in love with everything old and vintage when it comes to design and Charleston was able to showcase that style. Charleston is beautiful and literally everything I came across inspired me in some way. This city is a Designer's Dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment